There are lots of reasons why people chose to volunteer with Cheshire Youth United organisations. What will your reason be?
- Give back by making a real difference to the lives of young people in your local area.
- Break the daily routine and challenge yourself to
do something new.
- Develop skills and discover your hidden talents.
- Employers love to hear about volunteering experiences, give your CV a boost.
- Give your support to those who already volunteer.
- Meet like minded people and develop your social network.
- Be part of something truly worthwhile.
Between our 9 member organisations across Cheshire there is an opportunity to suit everyone no matter what your skills, experience or interests and with our member’s flexible approach it’s easy to fit volunteering around your own schedule.
Check out the volunteer vacancies below.
In your own time
We are looking for a Group Scout Secretary to support the new Beaver, Cub and Scouts sections at Halebank Youth Club.
The role description will vary but the following are the key duties of the Group Secretary:
• Act as Secretary to the Group Scout Council and Executive Comittee
• Work closely with and support the Group Chairman.
• Provide sound administration including inventories of Group equipment.
• Ensure completion of the Group annual census return.
• Maintain records and lists of members and associate members as required for the effective administration of the Scout Group.
• Maintain effective communication with the District Secretary.
• Be a full and active member of the Group Executive Committee.
• Work alongside the Group Executive Committee in producing the Scout Group’s Annual Report.
We are looking for an individual who is happy working interdependently and part of a team.
You will play a proactive role within the Scout family and whilst you wont be involved in the weekly delivery of programme to the young people, your role is integral to ensuring the smooth running of the Group.
Previous experience of administration and secretarial work would prove to be helpful.
You do not need to have previous experience of Scouts or other youth organisations, all of the thousands of Scout Volunteers across the UK (and the world) also have family's and work commitments, sometimes in a field far removed from Scouting.
Scouting is all about bringing a mix of talents and skills together to create something really special.